Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Random Files

  • I met someone that I actually look forward to talking on the phone (as I've said before...I hate phone talk...my mind goes blank in about 5 minutes and long, drawn out awkward periods of silence follow, yuck! That's another reason why I don't have a cell phone). Actually, she was a distant 'friend' in the past and we're just getting closer now. She is amazing, interesting, smart and I spend hours talking to her without feeling bored. She makes me want to be a better person and I'm always learning something from her whenever we talk. I LOVE LOVE friends that inspire and push you to do better.
  • I finished my First Aid & CPR two day course with the highest grade of the class...64/66. Yipee. :)
  • Can you believe that i still don't have my learner's yet? I plan on talking the driving knowledge test before September...ugh. Procrastination sucks.
  • Watching a few too many makeover shows reminds me of a quote that now rings true 'there are no ugly women, only lazy ones'. My goodness. Any woman can look good with a little bit of effort. There are days where I look like crap and other times I think 'dayyum...I look FINE!'
  • This business of growing up and being mature is so HARD. I've got to learn to be okay with being out of my comfort zone.
  • I'm definitely looking forward to school.... for the first time in a long time I'm quite impatient for the break to be over .

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At August 20, 2007 at 1:54 a.m. , Blogger Hopeless Dreamer said...

    lolHey,,,congrats about the grades and seriously u Don't have a self phone, how can ppl get a hold of u..!!!
    I couldn't live without mine, even though I don't use it much during holidays but once I'm at the college I need to know where my friends r and things like that!!!
    U must learn how to drive ,stop delaying it. trust me it's amazing not having to ask ppl to take u places ,nd simply taking the keys n saying. bye every1 I'm off now. I'm a new driver so I'm still Enjoying myself!!!!!lollzzz
    Totally agree about the looks part2 ,,amazing how a lil make up and a nice outfit can do 4 u..hehehe….

     
  • At August 20, 2007 at 4:51 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL @ This business of growing up and being mature is so HARD. Amen to that, sister!

    Dreamer, get crackin' on that license. Nothing like taking a drive when you're fed up or can't think straight or family are killing each other. It's just you and the road, and maybe your favourite CD.

     
  • At August 21, 2007 at 12:28 p.m. , Blogger Firefly said...

    You are certainly better than me if your deadline is Sept. I have given myself till December to get the licence, I'A.

    And well done on acing the exams!

     
  • At August 23, 2007 at 8:07 p.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    Hopeless Dreamer;

    That's the main reason I want my license....I am sick & tired of being under people's whims. It's sucks to beg...esp brothers.

    Aya;

    Sounds good :)

    Firefly;

    Want a little competition? ;) Both of us get it by September...the first one gets unlimited number of weeks to taunt the other.

     
  • At August 24, 2007 at 9:53 a.m. , Blogger Firefly said...

    What? No way! I haven't even studied for the theory test let alone the practical. Naa bax nayaa. You just want to taunt me, iska sheego. Not that you don't already! :p

     
  • At August 24, 2007 at 9:56 a.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    I AM speaking about the theory test...lol

    come on 'bwak bwak'

     
  • At August 24, 2007 at 10:04 a.m. , Blogger Firefly said...

    LoL...ahh. Alright then...am up for it. Watch me beat your arse!

    By end of Sept, right? I'A.

     
  • At August 24, 2007 at 10:07 a.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    ^ You're on!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home