Fears
There is a Hadith that says that two Muslims cannot remain silent against each other in anger for more than three days. The situation has progressed to close to two weeks now and although I do want to be the bigger person in this I can't bring myself to extend the olive branch and be the first to speak, apologize, or forgive. The hurt, anger, and disappointment still lingers and even if things appear to go back to normal, I don't think it ever will. Once trust is broken...it takes a long time to rebuild. And I don't think I'm ready for that.
Although I believe that the other person was in the wrong 110% there is a small part of me that fears that my apology would be rejected. My pride & ego are too big for me to overcome this...sigh.
Although I believe that the other person was in the wrong 110% there is a small part of me that fears that my apology would be rejected. My pride & ego are too big for me to overcome this...sigh.
Labels: Personal Post
1 Comments:
At August 5, 2007 at 8:11 a.m. ,
Anonymous said...
Tough situation you're in, Dreamer. Being the bigger person and letting go of anger are both good, if for yourself only. However, if you feel that they've wronged you and may be stubborn and arrogant, you'll deny them any chance to grow if you apologize.
I agree with you that broken trust takes a great deal to mend. Sometimes, never.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home