Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

BBB II

Shaytaan baa kombiyutarkeyga galey bekawse it has been feri islow laytli.

However, on with my little weight loss success story. So about three days ago I step into the bathroom scale to see if anything I was doing so far was making any changes. I really had no expectations - except maybe beating the scale to death if it didn't give me good news. I was so surprised and pleased to discover that I had lost 5 whole pounds. Then I stepped up to the mirror and looked all over my body to see where those 5 pounds were hiding. I couldn't find it. I still looked the same. No change was visible. Where they hell did they come from? I guess I've bought into the whole instant gratification thing hook, line and sinker. I want changes and I want them NOW. So I was disappointed not to see a sculpted bodybuilder after losing 5 pounds. :-)

Anyway, although it took almost 3 weeks to lose that 5 pounds I'm optimistic because it was due only to my daily hour long walks. I still haven't done any of my other plans of which were 1) lay off the junk food, 2) drink more water, 3) eat more healthy foods and 4) decrease my meal portions. So I know that if I follow the rest of the plan diligently there would be even more pounds melting off. I'm giving myself a more realistic timeline of 6 months to a year to lose all the weight and hopefully keep it off. I still have 15-20 pounds to go and after that is done the next goal is to build up my 'muscles' and tone up.

I'm looking forward to more tips from my unofficial personal trainer Miss Aya (she just doesn't know she is because I don't want her asking for a salary) & hopefully a little bit of motivation to hit me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At July 19, 2007 at 4:27 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lool, Miss Dreamer, scale homicide, huh? Ferocious woman! Now you know I don't mind sharing all that I've learnt (& learning). I like both your timeline and your awesome original list. I plan to write up my food choices (among other lifestyle changes I've made) and after next week, will share my current training regimen.

    Quick tip: Don't wait for any weight loss, hon, to tighten your body and tone your muscles. Start today with simple abdominal crunches in your bedroom (look up the correct form so you don't bust your back). I will list about 10 at-home, body toning exercises I do on the weekend.

     
  • At July 19, 2007 at 7:50 p.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    Sounds good to me. Anyone training to run a marathon is my hero! How is it going anyway?

     
  • At July 20, 2007 at 7:05 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The training is going okay, Dreamer. I am about 4 weeks behind on my self-(and trainer)imposed schedule but hoping to catch up by mid fall. Speaking of fall, I have an MRI of my shin in late September which will help me decide if I can realistically train the remaining 7-8 months or so before the marathon. My biggest concern is stamina as I have not challenged myself beyond 11-12 miles. I am keeping positive thoughts :).

    P.S. I am very much looking forward to reading of your fitness journey!

     
  • At July 21, 2007 at 4:23 p.m. , Blogger Firefly said...

    Dreamer, congrats on the 5pound loss!
    Walking is really good. It's my only form of exercise too (but only because I have to walk 25mins to work and back everyday)

    Wow..reading ur post alone is enough to make me feel tired, Aya!

     
  • At July 22, 2007 at 12:30 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ^ Then we have to work on your stamina, missie! lol...Dreamer and I will bark orders as you spit a lung running laps and doing jumping jacks.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home