Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Comp Problems

My computer is having a passionate affair with a couple of worms, some Trojans and a few other viruses. My Internet doesn't work (I'm posting from school), some files were deleted or too infected to salvage, and it looks like I have to take it in for treatment. I am going crazy here - I could care less about everything else but my pictures! I have lots and lots and it could really be erased. There is something wrong with the CD drive so I can't copy them to a CD and since the Internet doesn't work I can't upload them to photobucket, flickr, or my email. HELP!!!

P.S. Hopefully those who read here could benefit from my mistake...keep your stuff safe & copy them to CDs, disks, or any other hard drive. You never know when you might regret it!

7 Comments:

  • At November 14, 2007 at 5:23 p.m. , Blogger AMTAF! said...

    Oh hun,
    Computer problems really suck and it's always after the fact that we realise we should have a back-up.

    All's not lost though, most places can salvage your hard drive unless the whole thing has gone kaput, which hopefully isn't what has happened to yours. Good luck.

     
  • At November 15, 2007 at 8:16 a.m. , Blogger Nativedaughter said...

    Okay, dont panic yet CD drives get stuck all the time because the little rollers get backed up by dust and need cleaning.
    Step one: Get a butter knife and gently force the drive open while holding the eject key.
    Step two: When the drive opens take your MS windows cd and put it in. I am hopping you have XP version because you can down load the Explorer from it.
    This should work and you should get eccess to the web.
    Step three: google ad-ware and download the free version. Run this program and it will take care of the trojan spyware. I think this will work if it does not panic and run to your nearest computer service store. Take care dear.

     
  • At November 15, 2007 at 12:35 p.m. , Blogger Aya said...

    Damn! Have you tried taking it to those computer geeks? They've fixed a dying computer long enough to transfer important files and pictures. Then, it died quickly.

     
  • At November 15, 2007 at 3:51 p.m. , Blogger Organica said...

    flash drive!

     
  • At November 23, 2007 at 11:28 a.m. , Blogger Firefly said...

    Dreamer, it's my hell too. I was just writing about it for the blog. I hope you can save your files. I couldn't. Not even one. Tragedy.

     
  • At November 24, 2007 at 8:08 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh damn i feel u i upload everything onto the net because my harddrive likes to crash alot because of excessive downloading *bad i know* but yea photoshop has been a godsend to me!

     
  • At November 26, 2007 at 5:11 p.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    Organic Genuis, thank you hon! I can't believe I didn't think of that...will definitely do.

    Thanks nomads for the tips.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home