Bits & Pieces
School
It's been a month since I started Nursing School and I'm still trying to process my thoughts admist a ton of readings, assignments and craziness. Fees are flying out of my account at an alarming rate for this and that -- but I have to say that I'M LOVING IT. I am so happy to be here...I finally feel like something is going right in my life. I'm where I'm supposed to be and I couldn't be happier. I love my school, my classes, my professors...and I find myself looking forward to classes and just enjoying learning! I sometimes read above and beyond what I'm supposed to because it's just so interesting. My little dormant brain is wriggling with all the knowledge I'm stuffing it with...wooo!
Work
I'm going to start looking for work again AFTER ramadhan. I can hardly pay attention to school...I don't think I could do them both successfully. How do you guys do it? I am soo weak. :-)
Ramadhan
Speaking of Ramadhan, in the beginning (as always) I was so excited and motivated. I had this whole plan out with 6 billion things to do and read and listen to. Sad to say that I've been slipping off the 'plan'. I've gone to more tarawiix prayers than other Ramadhans however I haven't kept up with my Qur'an reading or good deeds. I don't want to waste this precious month so inshAllah...I'll try harder to keep up with my intentions.
Food
It seems that Mother Dear & I spend hours in the kitchen making iftar (which we totally shouldn't but can't help it...sooo time consuming)...and when when the family sits down to eat the fruits of our LONG labour...everyone is full after a few bites! Grrr.
Does the stomach shrink during Ramadhan? I think so...this is my surgery free gastric bypass (my idea...I'll sue if you even think about stealing).
Also...I used to eat sweets like it was going out of style. I ate an average of 8 or more chocolates a week. A WEEK! That could be chocolate bar, chocolate cake, chocolate donut etc. But since I've started fasting...I can't even finish half a chocolate in 3 days! Woohoo. Hopefully that continues beyond Ramdhan. I heard if you don't eat sweets for a while...you lose you craving for it. Apparently, it's true.
Beauty
Because of the above cutting back on sweets...can I say clear, almost flawless face? My pimples are goooone....just a few annoying blemishes & blackheads...but that will be taken care of sooon.
Another thing....I want to wax my carterpillar eyebrows...but I don't like the idea that it's a lifetime thing...I'm so lazy that I'm scared if I start I will forget about waxing regularly and that I will have freaky halfgrowth hairs. Is it worth it?
It's been a month since I started Nursing School and I'm still trying to process my thoughts admist a ton of readings, assignments and craziness. Fees are flying out of my account at an alarming rate for this and that -- but I have to say that I'M LOVING IT. I am so happy to be here...I finally feel like something is going right in my life. I'm where I'm supposed to be and I couldn't be happier. I love my school, my classes, my professors...and I find myself looking forward to classes and just enjoying learning! I sometimes read above and beyond what I'm supposed to because it's just so interesting. My little dormant brain is wriggling with all the knowledge I'm stuffing it with...wooo!
Work
I'm going to start looking for work again AFTER ramadhan. I can hardly pay attention to school...I don't think I could do them both successfully. How do you guys do it? I am soo weak. :-)
Ramadhan
Speaking of Ramadhan, in the beginning (as always) I was so excited and motivated. I had this whole plan out with 6 billion things to do and read and listen to. Sad to say that I've been slipping off the 'plan'. I've gone to more tarawiix prayers than other Ramadhans however I haven't kept up with my Qur'an reading or good deeds. I don't want to waste this precious month so inshAllah...I'll try harder to keep up with my intentions.
Food
It seems that Mother Dear & I spend hours in the kitchen making iftar (which we totally shouldn't but can't help it...sooo time consuming)...and when when the family sits down to eat the fruits of our LONG labour...everyone is full after a few bites! Grrr.
Does the stomach shrink during Ramadhan? I think so...this is my surgery free gastric bypass (my idea...I'll sue if you even think about stealing).
Also...I used to eat sweets like it was going out of style. I ate an average of 8 or more chocolates a week. A WEEK! That could be chocolate bar, chocolate cake, chocolate donut etc. But since I've started fasting...I can't even finish half a chocolate in 3 days! Woohoo. Hopefully that continues beyond Ramdhan. I heard if you don't eat sweets for a while...you lose you craving for it. Apparently, it's true.
Beauty
Because of the above cutting back on sweets...can I say clear, almost flawless face? My pimples are goooone....just a few annoying blemishes & blackheads...but that will be taken care of sooon.
Another thing....I want to wax my carterpillar eyebrows...but I don't like the idea that it's a lifetime thing...I'm so lazy that I'm scared if I start I will forget about waxing regularly and that I will have freaky halfgrowth hairs. Is it worth it?
Labels: Random list
4 Comments:
At October 1, 2007 at 3:26 p.m. ,
Nativedaughter said...
I also set out a long list of things to do and not to do but i have fallen off. I try to pray more taraweeh but i have to sleep early and that makes it difficult. I pray taraweeh about twice a week at best. I wanted to stay away from a lot of bad things and i did not. Such as commenting on others (minor gossip), anger (i have a large family), white lies (to avoid arguments) and most of all i want to really be nice and help other needy people (which i yet have to do). Inshaallah i will do something as well and help others and myself. Well i am not going to waste the rest of Ramadan. Liaylatulqar is comming up remember.
At October 2, 2007 at 9:44 a.m. ,
Aya said...
Lone Dreamer, too funny! Caterpillar eyebrows(or Russian Soldiers, as my sister calls them) have to be dealt with but I found waxing useless. You have to wait and still have short, bushy ones till they're long enough to grab by the wax. Ugh. Tweezing is better but hella painful.
I'm happy for you about nursing, hon. It must be a great feeling to do something you love. You must tell gory stories when you hit the wards.
At October 2, 2007 at 4:59 p.m. ,
Queen said...
say ALHAMDULILLAH for skool. its been a long time coming!!
i feel like coming back to the city JUST for Pinky's, cuz my eyebrows r like as thick as dem puppets on seseme street. i dont trust these prairie folks to do my brows...i just dont
At October 2, 2007 at 6:58 p.m. ,
AMTAF! said...
Dreamer hun,
I am so happy for you - you made it to nursing school which you always wanted and are loving it.
About work, I would say wait until you have settled a school/study schedule for yourself and then fit work into it. It is not worth the extra money if you're falling behind on school work. Or work on campus - that's what I did - where they have very flexible schedules (usually around your class and study schedules).
That much chocolate a week? Wow! I am surprised. Personally I am glad whoever blessed (or cursed) without a sweet tooth. I hate most candy, and love only dark chocolate because it's bitter, and even then a couple of bites are enough for me. Come to think of it, the bitter or sour a taste is, the better for me. Can't handle either sweet or salty.
Finally, thread, thread, thread your eyebrows. Waxing is not that efficient. Look for an Indian or Arab place around your neighbourhood - they do it the best. Prepare for pain... but once it's done. Voila, beautiful eyebrows.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home