Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Monday, October 22, 2007

Thieves suck

I hate thieves! Argh....I want to kick them right in the gonads. I bought this cute umbrella with a plastic sectional sheath for covering and within an hour it was STOLEN! I was reading in my favourite bookstore and placed the said umbrella under my feet. After half an hour I got up to replace the book in it's bookshelf (forgetting to take the umbrella) which took me 5 minutes in all....and coming back it was gone!

This might be minor...but if you add it all up...a lot of my stuff have been stolen. You can blame my forgetfulness but don't people return things they find anymore? I lost so many jackets, umbrellas, watches etc. And I've found watches, necklaces, phones, bus passes, wallets, jackets, book bags and yet returned ALL to the appropriate place.

People are just not that trustworthy anymore.

It's been raining for the last 7 days STRAIGHT and will continue for the rest of the month. I had to walk home in the pouring rain...and arrived cold, shivering and drenched to the bone all the while cursing the loser hoping that he/she tripped and poked their eye on the umbrella...MUAHAHAHAHAH.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2007 at 11:01 a.m. , Blogger SleepDepraved said...

    Hehehe.........I am not laughing at your misery but at the last bit of sentence. Its unfortunate people aren't that nice anymore but if you think about it you are so thankful when u come across the rare soul that is now huh.

    A friend was telling me about an article where a guy left a stack of letters with checks and important things inside of it on top of their car and drove off without realizing the letters were on top of the vehicle. He got on the highway and they all blew away. A few weeks later he received calls of thank you from the people that the letters belonged to. Someone had collected all the letters he had lost and mailed them for him. Doesn't that just make you have a bit of hope for this world?

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 7:34 p.m. , Blogger Nativedaughter said...

    You should move to Japan ASAP. I was watching a documentry sometime ago on Japan and their biggest problem is that there is not enough lost and found places in thier country. The culture of the Japanesse people is so that they return everything they find including cash. There were loads of cash in one of the centers and the atendant said that it was a problem and people needed to come and cliam thier stuff. So there i have solved your problem about the thieves. Move to Japan and you will never get wet in the rain again.

     
  • At October 24, 2007 at 6:06 a.m. , Blogger Organica said...

    LOL.

    One of the sweet 6 year old children I teach in the city (it's for a class I am taking at my University) decided to steal my glasses. They were missing for two weeks when we eventually found them in her book bag. She thought she wore glasses.

     
  • At October 24, 2007 at 8:24 p.m. , Blogger Aya said...

    So sorry to hear of the theft! I've never had an umbrella dropped off at the lost and found. I had someone break my car window to steal an empty bag worth less than $15. Some people have no conscience, goddammit.

     
  • At October 25, 2007 at 4:52 p.m. , Blogger Hopeless Dreamer said...

    I can't even count the things that I've lost (then found)in the exact same place.
    I lost my mobile in the bus, n the cafeteria.
    I threw my purse in the trash basket.
    I lost books, important papers, my keys and the list goes on n on.
    Maybe u should come live here, it's safe I promise or maybe I'm just lucky..lollll

     
  • At October 27, 2007 at 8:47 p.m. , Blogger Firefly said...

    Thieving bastards!


    *Waves @ Dreamer*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home