Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's tough being a woman

A typical day in my life:

  • Wake up around 7 am
  • Make bed & clean room
  • While mom cooks food for family, I clean her room & the beds of my younger Sibs
  • Clean living room and Kitchen (Mom leaves for work in afternoon, she’s been having back pain and leg pain for quite some time so I hate leaving housework for her to do. If I don’t do it, she will)
  • Go to school (waste time doing anything but homework)
  • Got to work at daycare on campus; not as glamorous as it sounds :(
  • Come home around 7 pm
  • Give kids dinner & help them with their homeworks for 1-2 hrs
  • Unwind with an hour of TV/Computer time
  • Send kids to bed
  • Clean kitchen, living room & hallway just in case people drop over
  • Try to do homework
  • Sleep exhausted and feeling like I’ve done nothing productive at all

Typical day of my 2 adult bros:

  • Wake up
  • Go downstairs w/o doing their beds or room
  • Eat food made and prepared for them
  • Leave dishes in sink (WTH, so pisses me off walahi. If we toiled over to make the food for your ungrateful selves, do the damn dishes. It’s only a freakin cup and plate for God’s sake!)
  • Go to school & work
  • Come home & eat & Relax
  • Go to the gym
  • Go for coffee/movie/outing with friends (a couple times a week)
  • Come home & do homework
  • Sleep

I’m so exhausted and resentful and angry. I promise that if I have boys, they will learn to take care of their selves and contribute to the family. Kids should being given chores regardless of their gender. I cannot stress that enough.

Honestly, I’m on a rant here. Can anyone tell me what use most (see I’m not generalizing) men/boys are? They are pampered by their mother and siblings (no choice) and when they get married, the responsibility falls to their wives. That’s what puts me off marriage. I’m exhausted. Mentally and physically drained and it really gets my goat to see grown men sitting around while I slave over work, school & housework all day.

You can’t say he’s the provider anymore because so can she. Protection? From what? The police do a better job. Kids? I can adopt.

I’m having a ‘I hate/am envious of men day’. I seem to be having these kind of days pretty often these days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home