Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Update on previous post

Wedding Gift

Shopped for close to three hours with Cookie to find the perfect gift for Reena’s wedding reception this Friday. It was so hard. We had trouble coming up with something she would like. After much back and forth in different stores and arguing the pros and cons of different gifts, we settled on the time and tested gift for all occasions (well for weddings). We brought her a modest set of lingerie; a beautiful champagne coloured short, silky babydoll dress with halter straps, a matching silky boxy bottoms, and a knee length black, transparent robe for modesty (just in case she opens in front of family :-). We also plan on including a marriage book on the perspective of Islam discussing how to best have a wonderful marriage where both the rights and the husband and wife are recognized and respected.

I hope she likes it. I hope that she makes more use of the book than the other gift. Afterall, marriage is one half of our faith. It’s the most important decision a person makes in their life and it should be well taken care of.

Credit Card

I payed off the balance one week before the due date. It was the most painful thing I’ve done so far. This is because it was my student loan money that I wasted on crap and useless junk in my stupid spree because I haven’t been working for close to a year now. I took it out of my wallet and placed in under the carpet under my bed so that I only use it for emergencies and not for every little thing. I know that when I carry my credit card as opposed to my debit card, I tend to spend more on stuff whether I need it or not. It’s just sooo tempting and easy. So this is my plan and I’ll see how far it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home