Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Randomness

  • Why is that when you do good things for so long and once or twice in a while you forget, or make a mistake, or are just too tired to do something - they blow out and forgot all the good you have done for them and stick to the one little mistake you made in such a long time? I don’t want to get into this particular situation because it’s too personal but I find that it’s general. Alot of people are like this. They have selective memories and only seem to remember the bad which is often times outweighed by the good. I hate that. And I have to remember to never, ever do that myself (because another thing I hate is hypocrisy).
  • I’ve taken more than a year off from school to work so it’s taken me some time to finish my studies. I have to take 8 more courses to get my B.A in Psych. However, maybe it would take me a little longer because I might start Nursing this September. I’m someone who doesn’t learn from her mistakes unless she makes it over, and over, and over again. Damn that sucks. If I accepted Nursing when it was offered in 04, I would have been graduating this year. Argh. Hopefully my psych isn’t going to waste. I have to find someway of making use of it - because I don’t like getting degrees for the sake of a paper to hang on my wall. But I realized that although I LOVED learning about psych, it’s not a career that I want to go into. Alhamdulliah I’m still young enough (relatively) to make stupid decisions like this. Am I the only one who took a degree that she might not use?
  • A good friend of mine is having her wedding reception March 2nd. So less than 2 weeks from now. She got married last summer in Pakistan and is having the reception here for friends and family that couldn’t make to the wedding. The problem I’m having is what to wear and what to get her for a gift. Do I get a gift just for my friend, one for her and one for her hubby, or just one big one for both? HELP!!! And since it’s a wedding reception where I think they might open the presents in front of her family lingerie is out girls! (the most popular gift suggestion).
  • For those going to school now, how did you handle paying for school? How did you avoid taking student loans and if you did, what did you say to them about the interest? That’s my biggest worry now. It’s hard finding a good paying job while still going to school. Shyyyte.
  • I just got a credit card a few months ago and in just 2 months I’ve almost maxed the $500 limit. No wonder my mother cut all of hers and called them the devil’s tool. It’s sooo easy - you hardly forget that it’s money that you have to pay back soon. Just swipe and get whatever you want. I really have to be careful with this. It’s sooo tempting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home