another wierd dream
What is it with these weird dreams?! Last night’s is a little fuzzy now but I still remember bits and pieces of it. My dreams feel so real and happen with such vivid detail that I sometimes wake up with tears in my eyes, a pounding heart, and breathless. This time I had for some reason transferred from my school to another in Minneapolis, MN. I was ecstatically happy. So many Somalis! I was home. It felt wonderful and I remember having a blast. Then someone came up to me and told me about this Utopian city in MN where it was beautiful, peaceful, had the most loving and gorgeous people imaginable, everyone was highly successful and it was just the best place to be. The lady leaned down and whispered that only a select few were invited. The catch was the only people from my clan were allowed to live there. I was asked to join.
I woke up confused.
I tried to think about what my dream meant. I sort of knew why I dreamt about living and being happy in MN; I’ve always begged my Mom to move us to a place with more Somali people (either T.O or MN). Of course she would adamantly refuse each time, for her, the less Somalis snooping in our business, the better. But the part that really confused the heck out of me what the clan segregated community part. I don’t know why I dreamt that. I never think about my clan or others. I honestly do not the the clan of my friends and I never cared to ask. It is just not important to me and maybe it’s because I’ve had little opportunity interacting with people who talk about it.
So what the heck could it mean?
I woke up confused.
I tried to think about what my dream meant. I sort of knew why I dreamt about living and being happy in MN; I’ve always begged my Mom to move us to a place with more Somali people (either T.O or MN). Of course she would adamantly refuse each time, for her, the less Somalis snooping in our business, the better. But the part that really confused the heck out of me what the clan segregated community part. I don’t know why I dreamt that. I never think about my clan or others. I honestly do not the the clan of my friends and I never cared to ask. It is just not important to me and maybe it’s because I’ve had little opportunity interacting with people who talk about it.
So what the heck could it mean?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home