Babel (+movies)
I saw Babel a week ago. Blah. Fell way short of expectations. 2 hours too long and short on dialogue. Director was more interested in how he can tastely show nudity and masturbation and call it art. Is it just me or do movies no longer hold that same excitement and thrill anymore? Most movies I’ve seen these past couple of years I forget in a little while and I couldn’t review them if you payed me. They no longer make me weep, cry or feel empathy with the characters. They are so boring or maybe I’m changing.
The top movies that I would watch over and over again that made me feel something and connect with the story were:
1. Legends of the Fall (Brad was yummy with his long hair).
2. Wild Hearts can’t be Broken (a beautiful love story…through successes and blindness…timeless).
3. Braveheart (I’ve always liked Mel Gibson)
4. Gladiator
5. In love and Basketball
6. City of God
7. Coming to America
8. Save the Last Dance
9. Malcom X
That should tell you that I haven’t watched movies in a while. Actually, I think I’ve been to the theater maybe 5 times in my whole life. I much prefer renting the DVD or watching it on TV when a good one comes on.
The top movies that I would watch over and over again that made me feel something and connect with the story were:
1. Legends of the Fall (Brad was yummy with his long hair).
2. Wild Hearts can’t be Broken (a beautiful love story…through successes and blindness…timeless).
3. Braveheart (I’ve always liked Mel Gibson)
4. Gladiator
5. In love and Basketball
6. City of God
7. Coming to America
8. Save the Last Dance
9. Malcom X
That should tell you that I haven’t watched movies in a while. Actually, I think I’ve been to the theater maybe 5 times in my whole life. I much prefer renting the DVD or watching it on TV when a good one comes on.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home