Stalking scare
Last night was frightening. My 18 year brother and I went out close to midnight to satisfy our ice cream craving at a local Micky D’s. After our order, we were crossing the intersection to head home when we noticed two odd looking men, in dark clothing, hoodies and with shifting eyes staring at us. Both of us looked at each other, locked eyes, and went our separate paths, in opposite sides of the street. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my gut that something was wrong and looked back to see them following us. I whispered to my brother who told me to walk faster. It was pretty dark at this point and most of the stores were closed. A couple of feet in front of us was a pizza place that was still open and our goal was to reach there before them and stay there until they either passed or someone came to pick us up. With an extra burst of energy and without trying to let them know that we knew that they were following us, we slipped into the pizza place and sat down near the window. A few seconds later, the two men passed the window and gave us the most evil look. I was so scared. I hate confrontation of any kind and those two men just looked up to no good. We knew even before they followed us that they were suspicious looking and probably on drugs.
We decided to pretend to look at the menus and tried to wait a few minutes to make sure that they left. I turned to my brother and asked;
‘If there were no stores closed, and they caught up to us, what would you have done’.
‘I would’v ran and called the police on my cell while I was a head of them’.
‘And leave me to them!’ I gasped, horrified.
‘Well. What do you expect me to do?’ He asked, perplexed.
‘Stay with me of course! You know your faster than me and that I have a hard time even running from the living room to my bedroom’. I almost screamed.
My brother found the whole incident funny while I kept checking over my shoulder periodically and jumping at every hint of a shadow all the way home.
I’m so glad nothing happened. I cannot rely on my brother to save my butt. He said to me when we reached home ‘If anything happened, I don’t have to outrun the men Dreamer, I just have to outrun YOU!’.
So much for chivalry.
We decided to pretend to look at the menus and tried to wait a few minutes to make sure that they left. I turned to my brother and asked;
‘If there were no stores closed, and they caught up to us, what would you have done’.
‘I would’v ran and called the police on my cell while I was a head of them’.
‘And leave me to them!’ I gasped, horrified.
‘Well. What do you expect me to do?’ He asked, perplexed.
‘Stay with me of course! You know your faster than me and that I have a hard time even running from the living room to my bedroom’. I almost screamed.
My brother found the whole incident funny while I kept checking over my shoulder periodically and jumping at every hint of a shadow all the way home.
I’m so glad nothing happened. I cannot rely on my brother to save my butt. He said to me when we reached home ‘If anything happened, I don’t have to outrun the men Dreamer, I just have to outrun YOU!’.
So much for chivalry.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home