Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Random thoughts

  • I have seen the Borat movie a couple of weeks ago and I’ve spent the following time processing it. It was, without doubt, the nastiest movie I’ve ever seen. It sickened me and the only reason I stuck around for the end of the movie is because I’m a broke cheapstake and the thought of further wasting my hard earned money was loathsome to me. I wouldn’t give this despicable excuse of comedy 2/10. Honestly, it’s not even worth the DVD. I wouldn’t recommend you to see it…there were so many traumatic moments of which the hotel scene tops. I LOVED his youtube clips but he really sunk low and whored himself for the big screen.
  • I have a free ticket, courtesy of K, to see a movie and I’m debating about whether to see Babel, Saw III, Casino Royale, or Deja Vu. Any recommendations?
  • Should I be worried or deeply upset that my friend who just gave birth a mere month ago’s stomach is now the same size as mine?!
  • I was going to a party today and I wore this cute little top, a tight mermaid skirt under my cabaya and super high heels. It was a little chilly so I wrapped a silky scarf around my neck and headed out thinking I was smokin’. My mom kept advising me to wear a thicker jacket, pants under my skirt and socks with sneakers as it might get colder still. I refused to listen to her and went out stubbornly thinking that I knew better! Halfway there I felt my toes freezing. I couldn’t even walk another step…oh the agony! I was wobbling on my heels because I literally couldn’t feel anything in the top part of my feet. Then coming home, it started snowing! The wind was biting my face and I honestly thought I was going to freeze to death. I was bawling by the time I got home and I couldn’t help but notice my mom’s ‘I told you so’ smile. Lesson Learned: Mother knows best. I know shit.
  • I’ve tried wearing tights, Capri, jeans, khakis and shorts under my skirts to keep warm in the past. All of them were uncomfortable somehow or the other and I’ve stopped wearing them after some time. Today, I’ve discovered something that was both warming and comfortable at the same time. Boy’s thermal pant underwear! Yes, you read it correctly. Don’t judge until you try it.
  • I am soo grateful for the roof over my head. I don’t know how homeless people and the very destitute survive in these kinds of weather situations. Alhamdulliah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home