Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Will I ever be as content as Flaming June?


How is it possible to be struck with mid life crisis when your only in your twenties? I don’t know where I am going from here…I thought I had everything planned out painstakingly step by step but I was only deluding myself. I have nothing to look forward to except a big black hole of missed opportunities and bitter regrets. The dreaded twins, should-have and could-have keep me awake many nights, silently staring at my ceiling and wondering how my life is going to turn out. Will I be happy? Will I accomplish what I set out to do? Is failure in my cards? Will I survive it? Overcome the obstacles and continue to struggle on? Do I have the strength and patience to cope with the realities life throws at me? Or will I stumble, crumple under the weight and give up a second before tasting sweet victory?

But I’m too young for that dammit! This is a little too early to even consider in passing. My internal clock is completely out of whack. Next…I’m probably going to experience hot flashes and cold sweats for my transition into menopause.

Oh, how times flies by…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home