Obsessions
I used to laugh when people said they had an addiction to non medical things i.e. shoes, shopping, and food. I thought that it was just a silly habit and they just wanted to create a disease so that they would not take responsibility for their actions. To some level I still do think that - those kind of ‘addictions’ and be done away with if the person has the dedication, motivation and the burning desire to see some change happening.
Yet, aren’t I myself ‘addicted’ to celebrity gossip. Don’t laugh - I know it’s the most shallow, stupid, brain less hobby on the face of the earth, but I’m just fascinated by the going ons in Hollywood. Maybe not as much fascinated as horrified - you know how u can’t take your eyes off a disgusting scene even though it repels you? I think it’s the same thing. I mean why the hell should I really care about who’s married, shacking up, divorced, cheating, getting plastic surgery, wearing what dress, etc. In the grand scheme of things does it really matter an iota to me? HELL NO! So why do I waste precious time in my life on reading stupid celebrity sites and magazines? I really don’t know. I just know that just as I can’t stop myself from eating that 4th donut in the box, the crazy & often times completely stupid antics and the many times changing faces of young Hollywood would always enthrall me.
God help me!
Yet, aren’t I myself ‘addicted’ to celebrity gossip. Don’t laugh - I know it’s the most shallow, stupid, brain less hobby on the face of the earth, but I’m just fascinated by the going ons in Hollywood. Maybe not as much fascinated as horrified - you know how u can’t take your eyes off a disgusting scene even though it repels you? I think it’s the same thing. I mean why the hell should I really care about who’s married, shacking up, divorced, cheating, getting plastic surgery, wearing what dress, etc. In the grand scheme of things does it really matter an iota to me? HELL NO! So why do I waste precious time in my life on reading stupid celebrity sites and magazines? I really don’t know. I just know that just as I can’t stop myself from eating that 4th donut in the box, the crazy & often times completely stupid antics and the many times changing faces of young Hollywood would always enthrall me.
God help me!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home