Favourite baby names
I love unique baby names - not weird but old, beautiful ones with rich meaning and history. I want my child to be proud of their name and I want the name to stand out from the crowd. I’ll stay far from common/popular names - I especially like Somali names mixed with Arabic ones but more often rare Somali names that our elders proudly lived up to. Two meanings, two languages, two cultures - two wonderfully unique names.
Girls:
Jameelah Rose, Halima Sacdia, Amina Zahra, Waris, Jannah, Kayza, Warsan, Fardawsa, Kawthar, Sagal.
Boys:
Samatar, Galleyr, Mikaeel, Warsame, Kulmiye, Abshir, Luqmaan, Sooyaan, Liibaan, Guleed.
I used to make up girl and boy names of my future children when I was younger (you can see I was made to be a mommy) and I fond it so much easier to find boy’s names that I loved rather than girls. In fact, the girls list are names that I like but am not CRAZY IN LOVE WITH. And one should be CRAZY IN LOVE with their babies names. I mean, you have 9 months to think, plan, and choose right?
I think the problem is that I can’t find names of girls that are both pretty, meaningful, and special. I read a Hadith somewhere that says that if you name you child after someone, make you that you REALLY like that person because it’s likely that the child will have some of their characteristics. I don’t really believe that - but it probably has to do with the personality of the parent - religious parents usually choose to name their children after prophets, companions and important figures in history and they’re more likely to raise their children in that way and tell them about the history of their names.
Or maybe it’s all about how the name rolls of your tongue when your yelling.
Girls:
Jameelah Rose, Halima Sacdia, Amina Zahra, Waris, Jannah, Kayza, Warsan, Fardawsa, Kawthar, Sagal.
Boys:
Samatar, Galleyr, Mikaeel, Warsame, Kulmiye, Abshir, Luqmaan, Sooyaan, Liibaan, Guleed.
I used to make up girl and boy names of my future children when I was younger (you can see I was made to be a mommy) and I fond it so much easier to find boy’s names that I loved rather than girls. In fact, the girls list are names that I like but am not CRAZY IN LOVE WITH. And one should be CRAZY IN LOVE with their babies names. I mean, you have 9 months to think, plan, and choose right?
I think the problem is that I can’t find names of girls that are both pretty, meaningful, and special. I read a Hadith somewhere that says that if you name you child after someone, make you that you REALLY like that person because it’s likely that the child will have some of their characteristics. I don’t really believe that - but it probably has to do with the personality of the parent - religious parents usually choose to name their children after prophets, companions and important figures in history and they’re more likely to raise their children in that way and tell them about the history of their names.
Or maybe it’s all about how the name rolls of your tongue when your yelling.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home