Girl in the Mirror
I look into the mirror
Not knowing who or what I’ll see
But I am hopeful
Searching for the girl I was
And the woman I have become
I slowly rise on my toes
And wipe the fog from the murky surface
Eyes as black as coal in a stranger’s face
Stare blankly back at me
I step back
Sigh
And turn away
I wish I could shatter the mirror
And maybe then I could see
What I want to see
I don’t like the person I have become
Not knowing who or what I’ll see
But I am hopeful
Searching for the girl I was
And the woman I have become
I slowly rise on my toes
And wipe the fog from the murky surface
Eyes as black as coal in a stranger’s face
Stare blankly back at me
I step back
Sigh
And turn away
I wish I could shatter the mirror
And maybe then I could see
What I want to see
I don’t like the person I have become
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home