Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Friday, October 3, 2008

Of eyebrows & bellybuttons...

Me: Before & After

Today I finally gathered enough courage and got my eyebrows done (which I was debating about for a couple of years --- but mainly due to laziness). I'm starting to look like a normal girl instead of someone who stole her eyebrows from a wholly mammoth. I just have to resign myself to the fact that it's not permanent and I would actually have to do this on a regular basis or risk scaring little children... (although that sounds more like a perk than a deterrent...)


As of last month, I've decided that I cannot live unless I get my navel pierced. I am completely obsessed, researched the process, watched the youtube videos and feel like I've made a well informed decision. Now all that's holding me back for a while is the thought of the pain, the risk of infection, my mother somehow seeing it and having an aneurysm, & the fact that I have to tone up the Buddha belly before I can even think about showing to anyone else. *sigh*


What say you, oh good people of the intranets? Will it be worth it or ya think that I might regret it?

9 Comments:

  • At October 3, 2008 at 8:07 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, i was like shes showing herself on the net...till i saw it was a model....booohooo.

    ps--my friend, her naval piercing never healed...she basically has 2. lets just say me and N and the jewelry girl were in utter shock AND awe. yep yep. GOODLUCK. i know habayar.....GOODLUCK

     
  • At October 11, 2008 at 5:05 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I once wanted to get an eyebrow piercing and was completely obsessed with it. Maybe it had to do with the very good-looking Japanese dude that I worked with who looked amazing with his, who knows...

    Anywho, I decided to give myself six months and if I still wanted one then, I'd get it. Turned out that desire faded... Perhaps you should try that...just a thought :)

     
  • At October 23, 2008 at 4:44 a.m. , Blogger q said...

    i want my eyebrow pierced, but im told it leaves a mark and i dont want that...but i want a ring on my eyebrow!

    my belly...um its interesting but i went to get it done once and the needle totally scared me. Its BIG.
    Yes im a chicken, i dont like pointy things.

    i wish you all the best!

     
  • At October 23, 2008 at 4:50 a.m. , Blogger q said...

    just when i wanted to add some reciepes im told my invite expired (i didnt know i had a time limit!)...would you kindly resend it to me please? thanks!

     
  • At November 5, 2008 at 7:52 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thread your eyebrows! the only way to go!! i've never tried any other way...and i love the end results!

    belly button...i want one soo bad but the thing is...its a needle...its big...and how can hole in your body not hurt? please tell me? cuz everyone says "it doesnt hurt it feels like a pinch" PSHHHH a damn whole wallahi bullshit to those ppl...but do tell me how it goes...i might gain some courage =)

     
  • At November 24, 2008 at 12:33 a.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    I'm going to get it --- sometimes in the future. I'll letcha all know when the times come :D

     
  • At January 5, 2009 at 6:17 p.m. , Blogger The antidote said...

    well i had one for about a week.. until my mother seen it and threatened me that she'd rip my bellybutton open.loool it was a scary experience but its really not that painful and i wud do it again

     
  • At August 5, 2009 at 10:47 p.m. , Blogger q said...

    I got my belly peirced about two months ago now...totally worth the pain and discomfort I felt the first 3days.
    Get it!!

     
  • At August 6, 2009 at 6:19 p.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    Cool! Don't let me hang. How was the process? And describe the pain...must let you that I have a very low pain threshold. :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home