Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

For the past couple of years...(2-3)

  • I've stopped reading the news everyday (except the entertainment section). Therefore, I have no friggin clue about what's going on in the world. And honestly I could give two scoops of poop about it.
  • Ditto to politics and anything that has to do with government and/or business.
  • I've stopped watching the news (except if something MAJOR happened that everyone and their grandmother is talking about).
  • I've stopped reading my beloved books (which were mostly fluffy stuff but still...a good workout for the brain).
  • I don't care for deep, thought provoking conversations/discussions
  • And all of this is reflected in my blog because even though I am deeply passionate about a lot of topics I really do not care enough to write about it (I know, a contradiction, sue me) --- so mostly what you read is crap like what I did, saw, said etc. Flimsy boring shit. But good shit because I just gave up on the world.

I've really become apathetic and completely ignorant about what's really going on. And you know what? I REALLY LIKE IT. I'd rather spend hours talking about a stupid movie than how Bush is a bitch, the state of the world, classic books, and Obama vs. Clinton or any other subject that people deem as 'intelligent conversation'. Fcuk intelligent convos. and please pass me the Sex & the City DVD.

Thank you.

8 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2008 at 2:44 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Um, bad day?

    The problem with getting your knickers in a knot about the state of the world is that it fills your mind with despair and your heart with sadness. Yet, you can do very little about rich, powerful people stepping on poor, downtrodden folks.

    I read the news so I am reminded that the world can be a wondrous place. But my reading is usually limited to the science and technology area. My favourite program is now The Universe on the History channel.

    My only similar regret is the reading thing. Little by little, the brain atrophies.

    BTW, if I see one more ad of those aging barracudas on Sex And The City, I will spit.

     
  • At May 29, 2008 at 2:51 p.m. , Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

    ^Something like that. I can't hear/read about sad shit anymore --- esp when it seems like NOTHING changes and it only gets worse. What's the point?

    P.S. I've never watched one episode S&TC --- and never will...just making a point about how I'm against anything heavy & that requires thought now. :D S&TC seems like entertainment for perverts in a coma.

     
  • At May 29, 2008 at 3:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL @ perverts in a coma. I have yet to see one episode of that show too. My preference is the SciFi channel and reruns of Stargate Atlantis.

    I'm sort of in the same mindset. If I hear one more thing about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict......

     
  • At May 29, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ahaha LOL sex and the city...im looking forward to the movie

    but hmmm i dunno if i agree i mean i watch the news but thats because we only have one tv so then im forced to watch whats being played...but reading! my one passion!! still haven't dropped that yet!!

    ignorance is bliss...and i live by those words!!!

     
  • At May 30, 2008 at 5:45 p.m. , Blogger Organica said...

    Off topic:

    Can I request that you allow your readers to subscribe to this blog. I think the setting is turned off.

    Love ya!

     
  • At June 3, 2008 at 2:27 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dreamer, naa wax isku fal!!!

    I kinda understand what you mean, though. I don't read the broadsheets like I use to, these days am lucky if I pick the free papers and even then my favourite sections are the crossword and cartoon strip.

    About Sex and the City, I saw the movie. A bit too sappy but an alright ending I guess.

    So tell me, what did you do today? :)

     
  • At June 5, 2008 at 8:11 a.m. , Blogger Hopeless Dreamer said...

    I'm way worse girll.
    I only watch movies with HAPPY endings.
    I only read novels with HAPPY endings .
    I never WATCH the news.
    LIFE IS good ;- )

     
  • At July 11, 2008 at 7:18 a.m. , Blogger Umm Ayman said...

    I really enjoy your blog it’s like a piece of art. This article in particular caught my eye.

    I’m very big on politics and all things worldly however lately I wish I hadn’t known the things that I do. They say knowledge is power but sometimes I feel the more I know the harder it is for me to accept the things that are happening.

    Sometimes I wish I was oblivious to the things that are happening. However it is not in my nature. I feel it is our responsibility to know what is going on around us and make a difference in any way we can no matter how impossible the circumstances may seem.


    Toodles ^_^

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home