Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My brother is a goot

My mom showed me this letter I wrote in in 1994 when I was 10 years old. She had kept it in her bag through 4 moves across T-dot and V-City, 6 house changes, and 13 years. The paper is thin, wrinkled, and fading with age. Mom wants to laminate it and save it, freezing a moment long ago and which is getting harder and harder to remember. I don’t see why as it shows me in a rather bad light. Also, I was still struggling with English as evidenced below. Here is the letter, unedited and full of young girlish scorn towards her annoying baby brother. I included the brackets to make things easier.
Hello my name is Z and I want to tall you a good story about my brother K. He like the tosy (toys) and the crys and he like the hors (horse). The hors Look like black and wath. He like the grees. My brother is like a cat and a dog. Someties he look like a loioin. and a hyena. he is stoppd (stupid) probon (problem) I hiat him K. My mom is good and good proson (person). but K he is a stopd he is a goot (goat) he is a bedroom he is a baby he is a girl and a boy. K is stopd.

It’s been quite a long time and I don’t see that my feelings towards him has changed. He is still annoying, but now armed with a bigger vocabulary, I tend to describe him in better terms.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home