Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Friday, January 19, 2007

My wallet was mugged by my school bookstore

I feel sick and angry and so, so broke. Three textbooks and I’ve feel like I’ve been robbed of over $400! Where the hell did that come from? How can they do that to me? Isn’t it enough that I’m broke, unemployed, and drowning under a mountain of student debts?

I don’t know what I’m going to do after finishing school. Other than highlighting it out of the country to escape the mounting debt and ensuing interest, I can’t see any other way of paying it off within my lifetime without digging myself into a rabbit hole in the process. I’ll be praying for a miracle and working extra hard to land that elusive job while going to school.

It’s funny that when I was younger I couldn’t wait to be older and responsible, but now that responsibility, age and all it’s problems are bringing me down and causing me much grief, I long for the carefree, sweet innocence of my childhood. Why didn’t I enjoy it more? What was the hurry to be older? It itsn’t so much fun I found. Adults are most of the time little children with too many choices who make bad decisions.

Of course I’m so not totally talking about moi!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home