Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Eid Mubaarak

Oh, I can’t wait for Eid al Adha! I have family over from Pakistan and I feel like a little girl again. I’m so excited, especially, for my little siblings because this is the first Eid I am going to give them wrapped presents. On past Eids, we just went to prayer as a family and took the kids to an amusement indoor park or went and visited the houses of friends and relatives. Of course, they got money from everyone to buy sweets and toys but we were never into the gift giving aspect of the holiday. But then, why shouldn’t they get presents? Why shouldn’t we be working hard to make Eid (our only two Islamic celebrations) extra special for the kids? Eid should be something that they look forward to eagerly and not feel like another random day, which it does most of the time.

I’ll have to go to the mall tomorrow and pick some stuff up. I can’t wait to see their faces. Hopefully, I’ll continue this throughout the coming Eids, Inshallah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home