Musings of a Lonesome Dreamer

I can show you morning on a thousand hills...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More ballons for my pity party

My head feels as if a thousand bees are flying around and stinging my brain and sinuses. If only there was a way for me to chop it off until my headache and cold goes away and still remain alive. It’s so bad even my teeth ache. I can’t smell anything, food tastes blah and my stuffy nose is making it hard for me to breathe.

I’m feeling down in the dumps today and what makes it all worse is that I’m home alone, with no one to nurse or entertain me. Mother dear isn’t here to rub my back and give me chicken soup. Nope, I’m sadly past that lucky age in which I was spoiled and my every cough was met with panic and quick visits to the doctor. Mom and the kids are at the mall having fun! How dare they have fun while I’m suffering here. Humph. So much for family.

Yet, even as I moan, I can’t help but reflect on my pain and compare it to the torture, agony, and suffering that people all over the world undergo on a regular basis. How do they remain resilient after such horrific conditions and traumatic experiences? Then of course, I feel guilty and try to think how lucky I am and how truly insignificant my ‘pain’ is compared to the reality of many.

I wish we were born never to experience pain…wouldn’t that be so wonderful and amazing? To feel nothing even as you were being cut to pieces? Burned? To never ever suffer? But then again, pain does have it’s uses after all (thank you Human Anatomy). It’s a survival mechanism - tells us when something’s wrong so that we can take care of a problem that we can’t necessarily see.

But does it really have to hurt that much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home