Captive heart
Sitting alone in my room
I am a voluntary prisoner
bound in chains of timeless rules
and muffled by traditional ways
So I wait in silence.
Leaning against the window
I rest my head against the cool pane
and look longingly out into a forbidden world
blinking against the dancing rays of the sun
which pass through the fragile shield of the glass
warming my thirsty skin
tenderly kissing it into a golden glow
licking my bitter tears of frustration
Mystery and excitement elude me
as I sink deeper within the pool of my imagination
and create a make-believe world
in which I make all the rules
No pain
No Betrayal
No Regrets
I painstakingly gather the threads of my life
and spin a protective cocoon around my self
shielding my heart as I wait in silence
Then suddenly
almost unexpectedly
dark fat clouds loom against the horizon
threatening rain
Tear-shaped rain drops
teasingly slide down the glass
caressing my face with icy hands
as they close me off from the world
by a thin yet impermeable film
The noise deafens the screaming deep within my aching soul
and silence the thundering beating of my wild heart
as I rage in silence
But for a second through my misty eyes
brilliant colours of violet and crimson
swim across my vision
and I know tomorrow would come
So I wait in silence.
I am a voluntary prisoner
bound in chains of timeless rules
and muffled by traditional ways
So I wait in silence.
Leaning against the window
I rest my head against the cool pane
and look longingly out into a forbidden world
blinking against the dancing rays of the sun
which pass through the fragile shield of the glass
warming my thirsty skin
tenderly kissing it into a golden glow
licking my bitter tears of frustration
Mystery and excitement elude me
as I sink deeper within the pool of my imagination
and create a make-believe world
in which I make all the rules
No pain
No Betrayal
No Regrets
I painstakingly gather the threads of my life
and spin a protective cocoon around my self
shielding my heart as I wait in silence
Then suddenly
almost unexpectedly
dark fat clouds loom against the horizon
threatening rain
Tear-shaped rain drops
teasingly slide down the glass
caressing my face with icy hands
as they close me off from the world
by a thin yet impermeable film
The noise deafens the screaming deep within my aching soul
and silence the thundering beating of my wild heart
as I rage in silence
But for a second through my misty eyes
brilliant colours of violet and crimson
swim across my vision
and I know tomorrow would come
So I wait in silence.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home