Wet spirit
My feet are soaking wet; my socks are dripping and my shoes are covered with a dirty film of water. Disgusting. I wore these awful, size too big, low cut shoes in the rain! I must’ve been out of my mind; hoping that if I ignored the signs somehow, magically the rain clouds would disappear. How can any sane person depend on the predictably unpredictable weather? The puddles on the ground were just begging to be in my shoes, sloshing around, causing me discomfort in class & on top of that I lost my umbrella in the library of all places. The only thing I was thinking about was going home and taking a very long, very hot, shower.
Rain, rain
go away;
Please come back
another day
Not that I don’t appreciate the rain, Allah’s blessing to both the environment, animals and humans. We all certainly realize the importance of rain water, just look at desert regions such as most countries in Africa and the Middle East. The dried seedling stuck in some dried out patch of earth, longing for the cool breeze and drops of life that only rain can provide. I sometimes pray that the excess rain and water in some countries can be spread around. I mean, we all deserve clean water for our needs. Its our right.
Rain, rain
go away;
Please come back
another day
Not that I don’t appreciate the rain, Allah’s blessing to both the environment, animals and humans. We all certainly realize the importance of rain water, just look at desert regions such as most countries in Africa and the Middle East. The dried seedling stuck in some dried out patch of earth, longing for the cool breeze and drops of life that only rain can provide. I sometimes pray that the excess rain and water in some countries can be spread around. I mean, we all deserve clean water for our needs. Its our right.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home