Bone tired
I feel every single bone in my body throb with pain, my feet have grown blisters upon bulging blisters, and my face aches with the fake smiles I had to plaster on. I could hardly drag my weary, bruised body home yet sleep eludes me tonight. My head is pounding a dull beat and my body is too wired up to relax. Boxing week was damn hectic, I’m glad its somewhat over. I guess a few more hours curled up, some t.v, and mom’s good ole’ cooking will do the trick.
My job is definitely boring. The pay is minimum wage, not enough to lead a decent life. But, Alhamdulilah, I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and the warmth and security of family. I shouldn’t complain. I’m lucky in many areas. I need this job to pay off my loans and have some pocket money, gives me independence and responsibility, and the experience has also opened my eyes and I know that this is not what I want to do with my life. I will have to keep on working hard towards my goals so that I can land the job that I love, make money that I’m worth, and do something that makes a difference. The retail business will consume energy and at the end of the day, it doesn’t make you satisfied with your life. For me hopefully its a stepping stone into more better and greater things.
Everyone has to start at the bottom; that's the only known sure-fire way to the top. No shortcuts. Unless you win the lottery or have super rich parents, which is another story altogether.
My job is definitely boring. The pay is minimum wage, not enough to lead a decent life. But, Alhamdulilah, I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and the warmth and security of family. I shouldn’t complain. I’m lucky in many areas. I need this job to pay off my loans and have some pocket money, gives me independence and responsibility, and the experience has also opened my eyes and I know that this is not what I want to do with my life. I will have to keep on working hard towards my goals so that I can land the job that I love, make money that I’m worth, and do something that makes a difference. The retail business will consume energy and at the end of the day, it doesn’t make you satisfied with your life. For me hopefully its a stepping stone into more better and greater things.
Everyone has to start at the bottom; that's the only known sure-fire way to the top. No shortcuts. Unless you win the lottery or have super rich parents, which is another story altogether.
Labels: Work
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home