Early resolution
Its amazing how much we are addicted to technology. It wasn?t long ago that we lived our lives quite comfortably and interestingly without the need of the Internet, phone, CD/cassette-player and television. Nowadays, people have become so immersed in machines of convenience that the idea of leaving home or working without a cell phone or laptop is inconceivable to many. I find that surprising and somewhat alarming. What did earlier generations do to keep themselves occupied? How did they deal with their boredom? And what will become of us when these machines fail to function (worse case scenario)? Predictably, mass hysteria, the collapse of economies, and the fall of many nations. It’s about damn time to search for alternatives, but knowing our instant gratification culture, I doubt that would ever be widely accepted. Not much will come out of it because people have become dependent on these machines that it would be a struggle to perform daily chores without them. Even for a short period of time. Its what we as consumers demand, and what we want is what we get.
I myself am addicted with the Internet. I’m on it for hours at a time and when I turn it off I haven’t learned anything from it. A big waste of time. Usually the only time I realize that I’m overdoing is when my eyes hurt from staring at the screen. I don’t know why its such a lure, I guess the idea that millions of interesting websites are at the tip of my fingers just makes me want to explore the possibilities. However, the instant I get on I’m on MSN chatting or reading stupid posts in useless forums. I used to read about Islam, politics, world events, to expand my mind and worldview but not anymore. It doesn’t hold my attention as much. So my goal for next year is to hopefully cut down my net time from 4-5 hours a day to just an hour. And within that hour I plan on at least gaining one thing at the end. *fingers crossed*
I myself am addicted with the Internet. I’m on it for hours at a time and when I turn it off I haven’t learned anything from it. A big waste of time. Usually the only time I realize that I’m overdoing is when my eyes hurt from staring at the screen. I don’t know why its such a lure, I guess the idea that millions of interesting websites are at the tip of my fingers just makes me want to explore the possibilities. However, the instant I get on I’m on MSN chatting or reading stupid posts in useless forums. I used to read about Islam, politics, world events, to expand my mind and worldview but not anymore. It doesn’t hold my attention as much. So my goal for next year is to hopefully cut down my net time from 4-5 hours a day to just an hour. And within that hour I plan on at least gaining one thing at the end. *fingers crossed*
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home